There is no doubt that something historical is happening today. Where ever you turn you see examples of history being made. Even if you go on Google home page today you are reminded of the importance of voting. Younger voters may have seen a difference on the Facebook home page today reminding them of how important their vote is. The site even allowed users to search for information on their polling place. It has been noted that this year the millenials could make a huge difference. It’s no wonder that websites such as these are calling attention to this important event. As Lindsay discussed earlier, businesses are jumping on the opportunity to reward voters. Companies like Starbucks, Krispy Kreme and Ben & Jerry’s are offering incentives for voting. Starbucks is offering a few tall cup of coffee to those who voted, Krispy Kreme is offering star shaped doughnuts and Ben & Jerry’s is offering a free scoop of ice cream. If nothing else will get you out to vote, at least do it for these yummy treats!
- Editor’s Note
- Twitter Thrives on Mobile Technology and Real Time Updates
- The Bamboozle: A Reporter’s Bittersweet Account
- Empty Stands Haunt Marist Athletics
- Nature vs. Nurture: The Media’s Effect on Body Image
- Marist’s Florence Campus, FFE Program Take Flight
- All Hail the King
- Brett Favre is a Packer, a Jet and a Viking?
- Technology: Friend or Foe in Communication?
- 100 Days Show Candidate and President are One in the Same